Summer’s not quite here yet, but I’ll take any excuse for a decent splash of sunshine.
Aldi recently sent over a couple of summer rum cocktail recipes, and obviously it would have been rude not to try them. Incorporating their Cocobay White Coconut Rum and Old Hopkins White Rum, these drinks also work really well with non-alcoholic components.
In the name of serious journalism and research, last night I put the following rum cocktail recipes to the test, and I can tell you, they are delicious. Refreshing summer sips, we shook things up a bit and added the Cocobay White Coconut Rum into the Minty Mojito concoction, which was a welcome blend too.
Simple to mix and suitably summery, check out these cocktail recipes and imagine an exotic escape. Either that, or a cosy PJ evening. Both sound equally enticing to me…
- 400g Cubed Fresh Watermelon
- 140ml Cocobay White Coconut Rum
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Ice cubes
- Put the watermelon cubes into a bowl and, with a wooden spoon, smash them into a pulp.
- Add the rum, lime and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour into a jug and add ice to serve.
- 100ml Old Hopkins White Rum
- 50ml Lime juice, freshly squeezed, plus Lime wedges to serve
- 2tbsp White Sugar (Caster Sugar is best)
- Bunch of mint leaves
- Ice cubes, crushed
- Soda Water, to top up
- Split and pour the rum, lime juice and sugar into 2 tall glasses.
- Add around 5 mint leaves to each glass.
- Fill each glass with crushed ice then stir ingredients until combined.
- Top with soda water and garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.
Explore the full Aldi drinks selection over at Aldi.co.uk. With thanks to Aldi for gifting us the rum featured in this post.