Hands up who’s feeling all blahhh at the moment? I’m hoping this isn’t just me?Juice gurus Imbibery London know a thing or two about cleansing the body and bringing back your mojo, via their versatile expert programmes.
To be totally honest, I’ve been a little overwhelmed by juice and smoothie recipes in the past, as I think the inclusion of random ingredients which you’ll never find/ have in your cupboard doesn’t make for a sustainable lifestyle addition. That all changed when I got my NutriBullet a couple of years ago, as I learnt that experimenting with easy recipes is the way to go.
Mostly, I just chuck in any fruit and vegetables lurking in the fridge. I have taken to adding in extra flavours recently, learning that pineapple, spinach and fresh mint is a tasty combo. Taking the time to make a juice or smoothie when you feel that morning or afternoon slump hitting seriously helps. I now notice when I’m not adding a Nutri Bullet into my day.
So if you’re looking for healthy inspiration that doesn’t even require a machine, kick-start your immune system with this simple and satisfying juice recipe from Imbibery London.
Juice from 1/2 orange
Juice from 1/4 lemon
1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cut an orange (or tangerine, or any orange-y citrus) in half and juice it. Citrus juices are ideal and exceptionally easy for this.
- Squeeze juice out of a quarter of a lemon.
- Mix in 1/8 teaspoon of ground turmeric (while fresh turmeric is great, and we use it in our Turmeric Kick, we want to keep this as easy and doable as possible for you! If you opt to juice fresh turmeric, the equivalent of about 1/2 a finger should be plenty).
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper (If you have digestive issues, use less. If you have a higher tolerance and really want to boost your metabolism, you can add a bit more!)
- Mix all together and take like a shot or sip if you prefer. This can be taken at any point during the day. We particularly enjoy it during slumps (i.e. 11:00, 16:00).