In need of a new cocktail recipe? Aldi recently sent me some of their Glen Marnoch Single Malt Whisky, Highland Earl Blended Whisky and Valdobbladene Prosecco Superiore, so we very happily put them to the test.
Each delicious, we were as usual, impressed with the Aldi quality.
The Glen Marnoch Single Malt Whisky is a smooth and sweet drink that is easy to savour, on its own or with mixers. Their Highland Earl Blended Whisky is a milder taste and ideal for cocktails in particular. The Valdobbladene Prosecco Superiore is a bottle of fizz which is refreshing and tastes much more expensive than it is, at £7.49 per bottle.
In our house we love a cocktail night, complete with PJs, candles and maximum chill time. I have to admit, it’s my Mr who is the mixologist; he’s brilliant at making cocktails and I’m brilliant at drinking them…
So, just in case you’d like to try a new drink this weekend (or tonight, for that matter), here are my favourite whisky cocktail recipes, which we used alongside our Aldi goodies:
New York Whisky Sour
- 60ml Aldi Glen Marnoch Single Malt Whisky
- 45ml simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar dissolved)
- 30ml lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- A splash of red wine
- Mix whisky, syrup and lemon juice with ice
- Strain over fresh ice in a tumbler
- Pour a splash of red wine over the back of a spoon so it floats on top of the drink
Whisky Prosecco Cocktail
- Aldi Valdobbladene Prosecco Superiore
- 25ml Aldi Highland Earl Blended Scotch Whisky
- A sugar cube
- Angostura bitters
- Soak the sugar cube in Angostura bitters
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a champagne flute
- Pour in the whisky
- Top up with prosecco
Shop these featured products in the Aldi Drinks section.