The copper design trend is huge news across home interiors at the moment and I absolutely love it. Adding accents of copper is a fab way to refresh your house, from tea light holders to larger items.
Starting in the main part of the house, the trend has now spread to bathroom detail. Having had our bathroom done recently, and still in the chaotic stages of re-decorating the walls and final touches, I’ve asked luxury bathroom retailers Ripples for their insight.
Sharing some top tips on incorporating copper into your home, Helen Head (Showroom Manager at Ripples) offers her advice…
- Copper needs love, care and attention. Don’t rush in to this trend; think about how it’s going to work and the desired result before you rush out to snap up anything and everything copper. Also, due to the nature of copper it needs a little more TLC than most materials.
- Compliment copper – consider using earthy tones in the room to really compliment copper. This will really make the copper in your bathroom “pop”. Natural woods and textured tiles would also work very well.
- Keep the trend consistent – it’s important to think about the rest of your bathroom when you incorporate copper, I’d definitely suggest looking at the brassware you currently have or are thinking of investing in so that it works with the copper you introduce.
- Add feature pieces – a bold copper bath is sometimes just the right amount of copper, with this trend less is more – don’t over-do the trend.
- Talk to the experts – new trends come and go so you want to make sure that when you invest in products that they work for you and your home. It’s my job, as a bathroom designer to really understand how I can make copper work in the bathroom so that it is future-proofed and has a timeless appeal.